Following on from the Flames Of War launch of the Bagration Soviet book a couple of months ago we are keeping with the Red Army juggernaut, this time though the year is 1985 (more or less) and the T-34 and IS-2 has been replaced by the fearsome T-80.
Inside the WWIII: Soviet book you will find:
• Background on the Group of Soviet Forces in Germany, 2nd Guards Tank Army, 94th Guards Motor Rifle Division, 7th Guards Tank Division, 18th Guards Motor Rifle Division, and Yuri Volkov’s Tank Battalion.
• Instructions on how to build a T-80 Tank Battalion, T-64 Tank Battalion, T-72 Tank Battalion, T-62M Tank Battalion, T-55AM Tank Battalion, BMP Motor Rifle Battalion, BTR-60 Motor Rifle Battalion, Afgantsy Air Assault Battalion, or a T-80 Shock Tank Company.
• Three Scenarios to test your skills with your Soviet force.
Over the course of the next 12 hours you can expect to see the exciting LIVE conclusion to Wayne and Chris’ battle report, a Big Four Of Late War live chat about the book, various articles, list builds, videos, hobby guides and plenty more, so by all means jump in and check it out.
Today we are returning the to the Eastern Front where the Soviet juggernaut is preparing to throw itself at the German Army in an attempt to breakthrough and open the doors to Berlin.
Inside the Bagration: Soviet book you will find:
• Background on the Soviet Red Army during 1944, including Operation Bagration and the breakthroughs that followed.
• Instructions on how to build an IS-2 Guards Heavy Tank Regiment, IS-85 Guards Heavy Tank Regiment, Heavy SP Artillery Regiment, Medium SP Artillery Regiment, SU-76 Light SP Artillery Regiment, Engineer-Sapper Battalion, Hero Shock Rifle Battalion, Rifle Battalion, Hero T-34 (85mm) Tank Battalion, Hero T-34 Tank Battalion, Hero Motor Rifle Battalion,
T-34 (85mm) Tank Battalion, T-34 Tank Battalion, Motor Rifle Battalion, and Reconnaissance Company.
• Three new Bagration themed missions.
Over the course of the day you can expect to see articles, list builds, videos, hobby guides and plenty more, so by all means jump in and check it out.
On the 23rd and 24th of August we had the Iron Cross and Enemy at the Gates Live Launch. During this time we updated the website with plenty of information, lists and pictures and a fun day was had by everyone here. Check out all the content we posted below.
Hi everyone, welcome to the Eastern Front Mid War Live Launch. The team is gathered together and ready to spend the next two days eating, sleeping and thinking Mid War! Maybe that is a little of an overstatement but we are all pretty excited about what you will find in these two great books, Iron Cross and Enemy at the Gates.
Over the next two days we will be sharing our thoughts, our armies, and anything else that comes to mind.
To go with the release of Enemy at the Gates and Iron Cross we will be having another Live Launch Event on the Flames Of War website.
Enemy at the Gates and Iron Cross both look at the hard-fought battles that took place in 1942 and early 1943 across the Eastern Front. Whilst our Live Launch will be taking place on the 23rd and the 24th Of August so make sure you tune in across the two days to keep track of all the activities and information.
If you haven’t caught one of our Live Launches before you are in for a treat as we will have plenty of things to check out:
interviews with the designers of Iron Cross and Enemy at the Gates,
a look at the double-sided game mat that features new designs with a grass field on one and the city ruins on the other (perfect for some Stalingrad gaming action),
previews of all the new models,
articles written by the Battlefront team across the globe,
and finally, we will be answering your questions about the two new books!
Your Questions Answered!
To answer your questions, you need to know what they are! Send your questions about these two books or Mid War in general through to us at [email protected]. We’ll go through as many as we can and pick out the best ones.
If you’ve never seen one of our Live Launches before you can check out the link below to get an idea of what to expect and to see a full list of all of our previous events.